Congratulations on your new MXL Flex boom arm! Here is a quick guide to get you set up and recording in no time.
Secure the C clamp to a sturdy, flat surface
- Make sure your desk has a flat edge that the C clamp can attach to
- Overly rounded desktop edges don't provide a good mounting surface
- Rotate the wing bolt clockwise until the clamp is securely fastened to the surface
Mount the boom arm to the C clamp
- Fit the slim, silver rod on the bottom of the boom arm into the hole of the C clamp
Adjust tension knobs
- Use the 3 tension knobs to adjust the angle of the boom arm
Fine-tune spring tension with bottom screw
- To make the boom arm overall tighter or looser, turn the spring-tension screw located at the base of the boom arm, next to the silver rod that connects to the C clamp (you will need to remove the boom arm from the C clap to locate this screw)
- Clockwise = tighter (for heavier microphones)
- Counterclockwise = looser (for lightweight microphones)
Attach your microphone
- First, attach a shockmount or mic clip to the 5/8" threads at the top of the boom arm
- a 3/8" thread adapter is included if necessary
- Then, securely fit your microphone into the shockmount or clip
Secure your cable
- Remove the cable trough cover by lifting one end and unsnapping it
- Feed your XLR cable through the cable trough
- Replace the cable trough cover by firmly pressing/snapping it back into place
- Remember to leave some slack in the cable so you can freely adjust the boom arm to any position!
Max Reach: 32"
Mount Thread: 5/8" threading with a 3/8" adapter
Rotation: 360 degrees
Need additional help? Submit a support ticket and our Technical Support team will be happy to help.