- Check the source you are plugging your microphone into.
- Switch your microphone to a different input, if one is available, to see if the problem persists on a different channel
- If so, try switching the power source of your interface/preamp, possibly to one that doesn't have many other things plugged into it
- Try a different preamp or interface to see if the problem persists on a separate unit
- If using a USB audio interface, try switching the USB input on your computer
- Try using a different mic cable; there is a chance your cable is bad
- Make sure your XLR cable isn't running parallel to any power cables, which could cause a hum from signal interference
- Plug in a different mic and see if you get the same noise
- Use the same cable to determine if the noise if coming from the microphone itself
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.